Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wait a minute...running IS fun!

Here's me attempting a glorious leap over home plate at Sunday's 5K race. Unfortunately the photographers at this event didn't cooperate and caught me just at the start of the jump. You can sort of see it in my face: best jumping picture ever, here I come! and...

But I have to say, races are fun! Strangers clap and cheer for you...you get a goody bag full of random stuff most of which you eat on BART on the way home...you feel like you accomplished something meaningful and can spend the rest of the day watching True Blood in your pajamas!

Incidentally, included in said goody bag was a San Francisco Bride Magazine. What?! Should all women who wear size small T-shirts and run 5K races be getting married, and furthermore, should be able to afford a $5K dress and a "day of" wedding planner so they "don't have to be the point person on their big day"? Ugh. I bet it wasn't in the men's size XL goody bag. It did make for interesting reading as I ate my third mini clif bar on the BART, though.

Anyway...yay for running!

2 comments:

  1. good job on your first race. running IS fun!
    and the half marathon will feel much better because it's a much larger goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYYYYYY!!!! WELL DONE DANIELLE!

    too bad about that missed jumping picture though...

    ReplyDelete