Thursday, August 20, 2009

Why run when you can buy?

So I'm continuing the very wise and forward-thinking trend of, rather than running, buying stuff FOR running, and then it's almost like running...right?

1) I bought a ticket for the Plate to Plate 5K race, which Victoria, my marathon guru, recommended as a good first training race (the assumption being that you've been training for THAT race as well, but that's neither here nor there). This will take place on August 30th so if nothing else, at least we all know that I'll be running five kilometers that day.

2) Yesterday we drove over to the big REI store in Berkeley for Yosemite hiking supplies (I'm going up Half Dome on Saturday...shouldn't that count as a couple miles of running?), and I picked up a fanny pack/water bottle combo so that I don't have to wear a purse while running like I did last time (ahem, the ONLY time...yes, I know).

3) And finally, I just added a cheap Timex sports watch with stopwatch to my Amazon cart, so that I can accurately mark the intervals (two minutes on, two minutes off, that sort of thing) that I am not actually currently running.

I think there's only one word for me...Hasselhoff, take it away:




2 comments:

  1. Your's is a funny but risky carreer.Hope you will get satisfaction in that

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH HA HA HA
    YOU RAN WITH A PURSE???
    AH HA HA HA

    (that is me. hysterically laughing. even I know not to run with a PURSE!)

    AH HA HA HA

    ok i'm done. this blog is funny. i haven't read it in a while. well done.

    ReplyDelete