Monday, September 21, 2009

A perfect method for adding drama to life is to wait until the deadline looms large. - A. Cornyn-Selby


It's getting down to the wire folks...while I was living the good life of bacon, booze, and sleeping till noon in Philadelphia last week, Robert sent me the following email:

Hi Danielle,
I just want to check in with you to see how your training is going? Did you get in a longer run this last weekend? What is the longest run that you've done and how long did it take to run it?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Robert

I think we can all read between the lines here..."are you training? give me an example of a longer run to prove that you're actually training. I suspect you're not training and you're going to pass out halfway through..."

I kid, I kid...especially since he sent an inspirational "you're right on the money" email when I explained my last ditch training schedule for the next two weeks.

Expect a flurry of posts between now and Oct 4th as I leap into action. I've always liked operating under a tight deadline anyway...I guess that's why I'm a grantwriter!

Thanks so much to Darius, Kim, and Barbara, all of whom have generously funded my marathon efforts by making a big ol' contribution to Big Brothers Big Sisters.

...and if you haven't yet done the same, now's your chance!:
http://blba.us/i.asp?id=313088-256205804-1

See you at the finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment