Tuesday, June 23, 2009

So how's training going?

The question often asked.  And the answer is, I confess, that it hasn't started yet!  There are many excuses why not (I was traveling...I got sick...I didn't want to find my way to San Jose at 7:30AM on a Saturday) BUT I did take one important step last week...I bought fancy running shoes!

To provide context, here are the sneakers currently in my closet:

From left to right, we have: a) the sketchers sneakers my aunt gave me because they were too small for her, which are also too small for me and make my baby toes fall asleep, but I still wear them b) the "skater" sneakers according to my little brother that I bought for about $10 at Ross maybe 4 -5 years ago c) the "good" sneakers I bought in Montreal nearly 10(!) years ago.  Those sneakers are older than some of the BBBSBA kids!

But behold...

Fancy sneakers I bought at Sports Basement!  Training HAS begun!

2 comments: