Thursday, July 23, 2009

Who's that on the phone?!


Our group trainer, Robert Mills, just called me...

As soon as she heard me say "Oh HI Robert" Carolyn burst into my office and wrote on a sticky note "He called me I lied & told him I'm doing 6 mile walks"

At first, I was all guilty and apologetic. After all, that big long crazy schedule is now half over and my training consists thus far of buying running shoes.

But after about five minutes of inspirational talk I now know that:
- there's still PLENTY of time!
- if I'm doing lots of yoga, I'm probably in great shape and have nothing to worry about!!
- I SHOULD wake up wicked early Saturday morning because joining a 7:30am group run will in no way interfere with 10am wine country plans!!!

Soon after I hung up the phone thus inspired, Stephanie shouted from her office "he's calling me!" she had decided in no uncertain terms that she was NOT going to run the marathon. It simply wasn't going to fit in her busy October schedule. None of us could convince her otherwise.

Five minutes later...Stephanie announced that she has learned:
- there's still PLENTY of time!
- if she's doing the occasional half hour on the elliptical machine at the Y, she's probably in great shape and has nothing to worry about!!

This man is a MAD MARATHON GENIUS!!!

1 comment:

  1. It's because I do the elliptical for AN HOUR that he has me convinced I run this stupid thing.

    Also, doing a class in Pilates is really good too.

    Yeah right...

    ReplyDelete